Today, we face many big challenges—COVID and resulting deep recession, climate action and emissions reduction, the evolving role of business in society, economic diversification, the changing workplace, and more. And Alberta’s burgeoning tech and innovation ecosystem can be at the core of finding solutions to those big problems.
This episode dives a little deeper into Alberta’s tech and innovation ecosystem and how artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) can not only be applied to solve real business problems and drive economic value but elevate human potential and shared prosperity.
Cory Janssen, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of AltaML, an Alberta tech company that helps businesses apply artificial intelligence to their business challenges, has long been a leader and champion of the sector for Alberta. In this episode, he shares some key insights into the AI and ML opportunities in Alberta and how we can capitalize on the successes to truly build a tech and innovation ecosystem that solves problems and creates long-term opportunities for Albertans.
In This Episode:
- The genesis and work of AltaML
- What artificial intelligence is—and what it is not
- Common applications of AI/ML
- How businesses should approach AI/ML projects
- About AltaML’s newly launched Applied AI Lab
- What’s next for AltaML and the ecosystem in 2021
- Edmonton as a global AI hub and how we build on this research capability
- The role that AI can play in Alberta’s future
Share this episodeAlberta's #tech and #innovation ecosystem has a bright future. Find out why in this episode of #AlbertaBETTER featuring Cory Janssen, Co-Founder & Co-CEO of @altaml_com. Listen: Share this episode
Check us out on social media
Subscribe to AlbertaBETTER
Share your thoughts
Have an idea for us to explore or question for us? Send us a message!