Who We Are
Building the Future of Alberta
The Business Council of Alberta is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to building a better Alberta in a more dynamic Canada.
Economic & Social Prosperity
Alberta is a place of opportunity and optimism, of innovation and ingenuity, of resilience and resolve.
We love our province and all those who call it home, and we want to leave it better than we found it, so we are boldly carving a prosperous future for Albertans—to make life better.
We believe that when business does well, we all do well. Through policy, advocacy and action, we harness the power of thriving business to deliver “and” solutions that increase the economic and social prosperity of Albertans.
We are committed to three key areas:
- Doing What’s Right: Alberta business is focused on the right things—committing to environment, social, and governance leadership and innovation.
- Creating a Model Business Climate: Alberta is the place for investment, innovation, and talent.
- Building Our Future, On Purpose: Alberta’s economy is resilient, adaptive, and enabling better lives for generations.
Policy. Advocacy. Action.
Learn more about our work to create economic and social prosperity for all.
Who We Are: The Council
The Council is composed of the chief executives and leading entrepreneurs of the province’s largest enterprises. Our members represent the majority of Alberta’s private sector investment, job creation, exports, and research and development.
To be successful in providing the right solutions to make life better for Albertans, we must
- Adapt to ensure that our business environment remains competitive, innovative, and prepared for change;
- Collaborate with and bring together leaders of all perspectives to solve some of our biggest challenges; and
- Preserve and enhance our best assets for our future, including our people and our natural environment.
join the movement
Sign up to stay updated on our work and join the movement toward a better Alberta for all.